2021-2022 Winter Wrestling Season
Hit the mats with Predators Wrestling!
LOUYAA welcomes both first time and experienced wrestlers ages 5-14. We are a tournament program which allows wrestlers to compete at the appropriate age/experience level. Our 2021-2022 season will run from mid November to Late February. We wrestle in the MSWA Series tournaments, Top of the Podium, and several other tournaments. As part of the LOUYAA sports organization, Predator wrestling focuses on the fundamentals of wrestling while instilling discipline, self-confidence, and sportsmanship in a FUN and SAFE environment. Your wrestling fee includes registration, practice facilities (twice per week), Predator T-shirt, and tournament fees for 5 events. In a typical season you child will have the opportunity to compete in 8-12 events. Your child will have the option to participate in any or all tournaments, with the team covering the costs for 5 of them. Wrestlers will have 2-4 matches per event. Approximate fee for each additional tournament is $25. The competition level for these tournaments covers all wrestlers, from beginners through experienced. The vast majority of competitions are within 60 minutes from New Market. There may be few events that are further.
Due to the current circumstances regarding COVID 19, we will be taking the following precautions to ensure a safe environment for our wrestlers.
* Mats will be cleaned daily after practices have been completed.
* Parents are asked to check temperatures 1 hour prior to practice times.
* No parents or family members will be allowed in the practice space.
* Hand sanitizer will be provided prior to entering and leaving the practice area.
* While we are taking many precautions, this season is play at your own risk. LOUYAA assumes no liability for the transmission of COVID 19.
1. Registration Fee – $100
2. Uniform Fee – $35
3. Tournament Fee – $70 (Includes 5 events)
4. LOUYAA Facility Fee – $10
5. Plus LOUYAA Annual Family Member fee- $25 (if not already paid in 2020)
Total Costs – $215
1. Wrestling Shoes (approx. $30-$50)
2. Headgear (approx. $30)
3. Additional Tournaments (approx. $25 each/4-6 available)
4. Singlet Deposit Check $100 (Post dated check dated 4/1/2022 to be returned when singlet is returned at the end of the season)
5. USA Wrestling Card (Limited Folkstyle USA Wrestling Card. Cards can be purchased at http://www.usawmembership.com. Select team name “Maryland Predators”.)
Practices will start in mid November, broken into squads based on level of experience, weight, and age. Squads practice twice a week Monday thru Friday. Practices range from 90-120 min based on age. Practice times range from 5:30-8:30pm.
We have a high number of returning wrestlers. There will be a squad designated to our most experienced wrestlers that are transitioning into more advanced competition. This squad will practice 3 times per week. The goal for these wrestlers is to qualify and compete in the MSWA State Championship Series. Our experienced squad will compete in more advanced tournaments throughout the season.
Please visit our website for detailed information about our program: http://www.predatorswrestlingmd.com
Online Parent Meeting
We will be holding an online parent meeting to welcome you and provide information about the season. An email will be sent after registration closes with date/time. Be sure to check spam folders.
We are an organization that relies on volunteer coaches and parents contributing together to ensure a successful and fun filled season. If you are interested in coaching or volunteering, you may sign up during the registration process. All coaches are required to pass a background check. Coaches will also need to take an online concussion course and provide the certificate to the commissioner.