- Wrestling should be completed within 2 hours of wrestling start for each age group.
- These events are for the beginner/experienced wrestlers only. Beginner/experienced wrestlers are generally seeking a fun and safe learning environment and not placed in any wrestling tournament. Wrestlers and their coaches and team who violate this rule will be disqualified from future MSWA events, including the MSWA Champions Age/Weight State Championships.
- Singlets or very tight fitting t-shirts required. Head gear is mandatory
- Wrestlers MUST weigh-in wearing singlets and/or t-shirts/shorts
- Madison System: Wrestlers will be grouped in 4-5 person brackets to wrestle round-robin. All bouts will be three periods of 1 min unless a pin or tech fall occurs
- All events will have certified officials to ensure the safety of all and to ensure FUN!
- NO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OR 15-YEAR-OLDS
OBJECTIVE & SKILL LEVELS
Objective: To provide a positive competitive wrestling experience for new to the sport or limited success level wrestlers and parents. Attempt to match wrestlers in similar ability groups based on age, years of positive experience, previous success, and tournament placements. Limit weight classes to 4 wrestlers in order keep tournament competition under 2 hours. Providing appropriate competition for our future champions and parents will help our sport grow. There is no state championship for these wrestlers unless they move up to the MSWA Age-Wt State Championship Series.
- Beginner Division – Wrestlers who have not have competed in Experienced Division Future Champions Series, Beltway Jr. League or MSWA Age/Weight State Qualifiers. These wrestlers may have up to 3 years of experience (or more), but with limited success, may still compete in the Beginner division. If a wrestler is clearly competent in skill, he will be moved up to the Experienced Division.
- Experienced Division – Wrestlers with significant success in the Beginner division or clear natural ability over a beginner wrestler, but has not yet demonstrated the skills of an Advanced wrestler. These wrestlers may have competed but not placed in MSWA Champions Age/ Weight State Qualifiers, Beltway Jr. League or any other competitive level tournaments. Wrestlers who have competed in the Experienced division may no longer compete in the Beginner division. Wrestlers with superior athletic and natural ability regardless of number of years wrestled should move up to the MSWA Age-Wt State Championship Series.
- Qualification for Series Events: Wrestlers will compete in either Beginner division or Experienced division at each event. Progression, Development and Learning are the goals.